Thursday, March 20, 2008

Day 40

Weight: 200.0

This has been a very frustrating 10 days. Sorry I haven't blogged lately, but I've been on such a crazy, tight schedule that it's been hard to find the time.

Plateaus are one of the most terrible things to deal with. I know it's just a number on a scale, but it really messes with you emotionally and mentally. You have to deal with the crazy thoughts in your head...what if I cannot lose more weight? What if I'm going to spend the next 6 months eating so little and never lose another ounce?

Then you get over those thoughts and come back to rational thought. How do I force my body to break this plateau as quickly as possible? So I've increased my water intake and moved my carb consumption (i.e. my medifast bar) to the morning to give my body time to deal with it. Also, I've implemented an exercise program. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings I will do a dance aerobics workout...did it yesterday and it was fine...salsa off the pounds! Tuesday and Thursday evenings, I'll do a Pilates workout. This should help tone and increase my flexibility. I'm starting that one tonight, so wish me luck!

Tomorrow, I WILL be below 200! I was so hoping today it would be there, but I know it will tomorrow!

No comments: